1. Names in Full: OLADEJO Babayemi Olawale
2.Present Postal Address: Department of Microbiology,
Federal University of Technology,
P. M. B. 704, Akure, Nigeria.
Email: [email protected]
3. Educational Institutions Attended (with dates):
E. M. Kinderland Nursery & Primary School, Ibadan, Nigeria. Sept.1990 – June 1994
(i) Cheshire High School, Ibadan, Nigeria. June 1994 – Sept. 1997
(ii) Wesley College of Science, Ibadan, Nigeria. Sept. 1997 – July 2000
(i) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Nigeria. Jan. 2001 – Dec. 2003
(ii) Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria. Oct. 2005 – Dec. 2009
(iii) Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria. Jan. 2011 – Nov. 2012
(iv) University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. Sept. 2013 – July 2017
4. Qualifications (with dates)
(i) Ph.D. Microbiology (Virology/Structural Immunology) 2017
(ii) M. Tech. Medical Microbiology 2012
(iii) B. Tech. Microbiology 2009
(iv) National Diploma; Science Laboratory Technology 2003
6. Membership of Professional Bodies:
7. Review of Academic and Professional Journals:
8. Work Experience:
(i) Research/Graduate Assistant Microbiology Department, FUTA, Nigeria (April, 2011 – March, 2013)
(ii) Assistant Lecturer, Microbiology Department, FUTA, Nigeria (March, 2013 – July, 2017)
(iii) Lecturer II, Microbiology Department, FUTA, Nigeria (July, 2017 – October, 2020).
(iv) Lecturer I, Microbiology Department, FUTA, Nigeria (October, 2020 – Till date)
10. Postgraduate Supervision
(i) OLUWASOLA, Hawah M. (MCB/16/1217). Anti-inflammatory Activity of Lactic Acid Bacteria Isolated from Fermented Locust Beans on Formalin Induced Paw Oedema in Wistar Rats (Completed, 2021).
Fellowship Awards/Travel Grants
(i) 2013 – 2017 (Chinese Academy of Sciences and The World Academy of Sciences) CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Award for Ph.D Candidates from Developing Countries; tenable at the Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
12. Research Grants and other Grants (specify amounts)
(i) 2016/2017 FUTA TETFUND Institution based Research (IBR) grant (VCPU/TETFund/155) entitled “Antiviral Potentials of Extracts from Aframomum melegueta (K. Schum) Fruits and Vernonia amygdalina (Delile) Leaves against Atypical Fowl Pox Virus Strain (FPV Kabete)”. Co-Researcher/Investigator.
(a) Thesis / Dissertations:
(i) Mechanisms of in vitro selected drug-resistant mutations in H10N8 Influenza A Virus – 2017 (Ph.D. Thesis).
(ii) Mechanisms of adaptive immunity in rats against Escherichia coli O157:H7 infection – 2012 (M. Tech. Thesis).
(iii) Effect of ratio variation of crop wastes on the production of poultry dung bio-gas – 2009. (B. Tech. Thesis).
(b) Books (peer-reviewed)
(i) Authored Books:
Oladejo Babayemi (2015): Mechanisms of Adaptive Immunity in Rats against E. coli O157:H7 Infection. ISBN-13: 978-3-659-80725-1. ISBN-10: 3659807257. Lambert Academic Publishing, Dusseldorf, Germany. 124 pages
(ii) Edited Books:
(c) Journal Articles
1. D. V. Adegunloye, and B. O. Oladejo. (2010): Effect of Ratio Variation of Crop Wastes on the Production of Poultry Dung Bio-gas. Nigerian Journal of Parasitology 31(2):130-134.
2. I. I. Anibijuwon, B. O. Oladejo, D. O. Adetitun, and O. M. Kolawole, (2012): Antimicrobial Activities of Vernonia amygdalina against Oral Microbes. Global Journal of Pharmacology 6(3):178-185.
3. B. J. Akinyele, B. O. Oladejo, E. O. Bankefa and S. A. Ayanyemi, (2013): Microbiological Analysis and Antimicrobial Sensitivity Pattern of Microorganisms Isolated from Vegetables Sold in Akure, Nigeria. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 2(10):306-313.
4. Oladejo, B. O., and Adebolu, T. T. (2013): Mechanisms of Immunity to Escherichia coli O157:H7 in Albino Rats: Role of Homologous Antibodies.
(b) Trainings and Workshops attended with date:
1. Training on Empowerment for Graduating Students organized by FUTA Alumni Association. Francis Theodore Idibiye Auditorium, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria. 28th April, 2009.
2. Frontier and Interdisciplinary Sciences, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 18th – 28th June, 2014.
3. 2015 Food Biotechnology Training Course for Developing Countries, implemented by CAS-TWAS Centre of Excellence for Biotechnology (CAS-TWAS CoEBio). Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. 25th-30th November, 2015.
4. American Society of Microbiology (ASM) Workshop on Scientific Writing and Publishing. Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji, Osun State. 1st May, 2018.
Extra Curricula Activities
(a) Within the University: